So You Wanna Teach Yoga or Deepen Your Practice?
Registration open January 2018.
Fill out the form below for more information including cost + dates and to begin the application process for training or mentoring.
Full time students and heroes receive $300 OFF (military, teachers, non-profit employees)!
SMART, RELATABLE + INTEGRATIVE VINYASA TEACHER TRAINING
200-hour Teacher Training Overview
Next Program: Summer 2018
Are you ready to deepen your practice and become the truest, strongest version of yourself? Do you want to inspire people to reach their fullest potential in body, mind + spirit while becoming more knowledgeable, skillful and insightful about vinyasa based yoga? Enroll in Teacher Training to deepen your practice and become the teacher you love.
Detroit Yoga Lab Teacher Training will provide you with an integrative, progressive education in vinyasa yoga, anatomy and foundational philosophy. This training is a non-dogmatic, comprehensive approach to teach modern yogis the following:
We prescribe to the idea that yoga is not the practice of perfecting a pose based on one style, but a way to learn about our body and selves by experiencing what is happening at the individual level. Our bodies and knowledge about their functions and anatomy have evolved significantly since the original methods of teaching yoga. To that end we respect the traditional schools of yoga and how they have set the foundation, but have developed this training to include more modern and relevant research from medical and yoga experts to build on what we already know. This training includes:
- How to build confidence and strength in your practice and daily life
- How to find your voice and teach (and communicate) from a place of authenticity
- How to develop deliberate and purposeful sequencing to help students go deeper into their practice
- How to develop language that is consistent, authentic and relatable
- How to give safe + effective hands on and verbal adjustments + modifications
- How to observe bodies and develop tools for understanding your students strengths and limitations
- The foundational anatomy of yoga for different regions of the body
- How to present your class so it’s intentional, inspirational, engaging and effective
- Tools to connect with your students and market yourself to help you build a loyal following
- An introduction to some of the foundational texts and philosophy of the Yoga Tradition
- Teaching and adjusting your peers
This program is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training. Naomi Gold is the lead teacher. She received her 500-Hour Yoga Alliance Certification with Jason Crandell with a focus on vinyasa yoga. In addition, Naomi has studied with several other international teachers bringing her yoga education and expertise to the Midwest through mindful awareness and application of yoga anatomy, philosophy and practice. Additional Detroit Yoga Lab teachers will be assisting throughout the training.
You completed a 200-Hour Program, Now What?
Our Mentorship Program gives you real world teaching experience with one on one guidance from our expert teacher mentors.
Ongoing Dates: Eight Week Duration
The Detroit Yoga Lab mentorship program focuses on real world teaching experience and mentor (our amazing teachers) to mentee teaching feedback. The feedback process is rigorous and encourages growth as a teacher and in your personal life. Our approach ensures quick and tremendous growth in your teaching skills as we focus on teachers’ presence, authority in the room, mastering a great playlist, hands-on assists, smart and accessible alignment cues, intelligent vinyasa sequencing, pace and speed of class, connecting with students and incorporating accessible and genuine yogic philosophy. To enroll in this program you must have completed a 200 hour yoga training, but many of our mentees come to us from other schools because they just didn’t get enough from their 200 hour and want to work with our amazing teachers at DYL.